Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bad David

Sorry Guys

Not blogged for while and loads to tell! Got told off (in a nice way) by friends at Flitwick Methodist (where I was preaching on Sunday) regarding my lack of blogness.

Well, life has been mad since we returned from France - first things first - HEALTH. Had a full ENT check up last week with regards to the swollen gland. The consultant doesn't think there are any problems but I am scheduled for a mini ultra-sound scan of the area the week after next. Had anther endoscopy this time down my nose. I worked out I haven't got an orifice they haven't stuffed a camera up (or down) in the past year. I'm intimately acquainted with all my innards - we are 'fearfully and wonderfully made' aren't we? Particularly nice nose bits I'm told 'very clean'?? Why would they not be??

My full body scan is on Friday - the result won't be for a week or so, perhaps even as late as the 30th. They are looking for anything nasty growing again - this is routine, not because they are worried about anything specifically (apart from the terminal cancer that is!). As things stand I'm on no medication at present which is not bad for saying they said I might not 'make Christmas'. If the scan is clear I'll be back at work 100% full-time though it'll be Kip McGrath work not consultancy. Those days are over, thank God!

We were invited back To Aussie for some more Kip training last week and head off this Friday. All very last minute. The airline had no economy tickets left so we've been ungraded to business class for free - jammy or what! Spending next week in Newcastle NSW - Hunter Valley; where we went in August. Got a nice hotel on the beach. I'll take and post some pics. Role on the sunshine - brill!

Church life continues to be a blessing had a great united service with Potton Vineyard and Marston Vale churches on Sunday evening - really enjoyed it - great worship band. Had a brill XLR8 youth group last night. Looking forward to seeing the building programme get underway.

Talking about buildings, the re-furb of our Kempston offices starts today so even as we speak the electrician is putting in new sockets, new furniture arrives the week after Aussie.

Had a day at Cliff College last week talking through my MPhil with my supervisor and hero Phil Meadows. It was so helpful; really started to get some some structure and direction into my thoughts at last. Two years, part time will see me with a MPhil to add to my Masters - love the study - obsessed with theology - it keeps me sane. Apologies to my suffering friends, wife and church who I constantly bore with it all!

The kids are well. Amy is looking after the Kempston office as Hannah (our fantastic administrator) is due to have her third baby any time now. James Fokkens (Amy's husband) is now at Nandos in the Milton Keynes Snozone finishing his training. James and Carys are both back at school of course and doing fine!

Florence (AKA Teresa - my wife) is working hard and being a support to everyone as always. What would I do without her?

Well think that's everything.

God Bless

Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dave still praying for you hope its doing some good will be happy to hear you blog agen as im really interested in your wellbeing like everyone elses get well soon please and make sure you come to lidlington with that big smile you always have on you.
by the way all the people at college have been reading over my shoulder they hope you get better aswell.
(still trying to get them to become christians have only managed one girl though and she is coming to live with me for three weeks so hopefully she could get the hang of it)still praying.

Anonymous said...

Slow down Dovid, don't forget the rucksack..
But good to hear your fit and well and "ever ready"
Love, aws always
Sian.

Actually - Abby typed it, Sian said it.. Mum types too slow and i get bored. (:

Anonymous said...

Oops.
It was Sian's spelling mistake!

s: