Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sorry!

Sorry I haven't blogged for so long. Had a bit of a blogging crises of confidence. I’ve had a few negative comments about the style/content and have started feeling it was all getting a bit dull.

I have a full body CT scan on Thursday; if it’s clear (hope so) then I’ll almost certainly stop blogging. If it is negative then I’ll keep going to make sure everyone knows what’s happening. Getting the balance of my meds right is proving a little tricky, but when I get it right I’m really well at the moment. Swallowing is OK, digestion improved, no aches and pains. All good stuff.

On the news front we had a great holiday in France with fantastic weather. We did all the normal stuff and had some great afternoons on the beach. We’re back in August with Amy & James and my brother and his family. We headed back in time to lead the Pentecost service at Wootton New Life we then had a great evening on the boat. Since then I’ve demonstrated my appalling boating skills to my mate David who took his life in his hands on a boat trip with me at the helm. Had a great time introducing him to the delights of slimy locks, wet ropes and freezing in June.

Teresa and I are off to the annual Kip McGrath conference in London this weekend. We’re stopping in Central London so should have a few retail opportunities. The deal to buy the East Midlands Kip McGrath master franchise has now gone through (finally). Teresa is working so hard; I’m very proud of her. It’s not always easy with me not fully ‘in harness’. Amy working for us full time is really going well; she’s a hero!

In early July I’m off to Spain with some mates for a ‘blokey’ week in Malaga – should be fun. Never done anything quite like that before – feel quite gown-up but hope it will be a totally chilled immature week. He, he..

So guys thanks for checking up on me again. I’m doing well and prayerfully hopeful about Thursday’s scan.

See ya
David

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there Dovid,
Good to hear that all is O.K.
Glad you didn't take any notice of the "neggies",and realised that nothing you say is EVER dull (yaaaaawwn)!Joking!
Looks like there may be plenty of soggy weather, so best get a good quality anorak for the boat....and anoraks are essential STABLE wear...
Our chick is growing fast, his little fluffy wings have proper feathers on now. I say "he", but obviously, we hope we have a "she", so that she can stay.
The prayers for Thursday are already underway.
It really goes without saying, but I am going to say it anyway....your blog has been uplifting, inspiring, and a joy to be part of, as well as being a practical way of keeping in touch. On a personal level, it has been a way of being able to "bring you into our home", and to show love and support in a way that we would not have had the oppertunity to do otherwise. On a purely selfish level, we feel as if we have been able to be "involved" in a very personal way, in your highs and lows, getting to know you better as we have gone along.
I pray that your scan will be clear, and the blogging can stop for that very reason, but I will miss being able to tease you and nag you about booze,high heels, boat bottoms, numerous holidays, bad spolling, irritating perkiness,wigs,mistreating Chloe, and of course PONIES!!!!!
C'mon God...NO TRACE!
We serve a mighty God, a loving God and a wise and merciful God.....you couldn't be in better hands.
Love and prayers in abundance,
Sianaroonie. xxxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Any news?

Jane Charsley said...

Hello Dave, sorry to hear that folks have made neg comments about your blog - they can't really know you as anyone who does knows how positive you are! I've enjoyed having an odd peek into your private life and think it's been very brave (and hopefully supportive for you) by doing this - so hoping the news from the scan was good and you had a good weekend in London,
Take Care,
Jane x