Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Derbyshire

Well, here I am in sunny Derbyshire at Cliff College for the day to change those well overdue library books and add another few thousand words to the dissertation. It's fantastic up here today, warm and sunny. Glad to be retired!

Yesterday I met up with my friend David for a leisurely lunch before running the church youth group in the evening. Tomorrow I'm going with Teresa to Bath where she has a regional meeting for Kip McGrath on Friday morning. As you can see I'm taking it really easy. Not.

Really frustrated that my old tug of a boat is STILL ON THE BANK! A boat was once described as 'a hole in the river you throw five pond notes into'. (Ponies are fed £5 notes Sian) Sun is shining, gin is cooling. Recent boat/drinking legislation which was to outlaw the practice of boozing and cruising applies to all boats 22'+. Mine is 21'6'' - Alleluia. It's only allowed to go 4MPH and the river is about 3 foot deep. Even the dog has her own life jacket. Floating gin palace in actuality but still on blocks. Time to shout (plead really) at the staff at Priory Marina.

Not a very good Methodist am I?

Oh well.

See ya

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right Dovid,
LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!

1/ I feed my ponies HAY not money.
2/ They are ready to go anytime..not stuck on a bank somewhwere.
3/ They do not need diesel or petrol.
4/ There is NO alcohol restriction.
5/ They can travel faster than 4 miles an hour (I think).
6/ They NEVER have to have their bottoms scraped.
7/ They never need re-painting.
8/ You cannot "break" them by putting water in the wrong bit.
9/ They make you feel appreciated.
10/ They love you back!!!!!

You are a bit slow on the up-take, but we still love ya!

Sianaroonie xxx