Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update On a Mad Life

Hi guys; thanks for checking in.....

Thursday 23rd

I went on a jolly with Teresa to Bath on Thursday. We stopped in a great hotel in Bradford on Avon which is a really pretty village, a real tourist trap - can't believe we'd never been before.

Friday 24th

Teresa ran a regional meeting for Kip McGrath South West on Friday whilst I did a bit of sightseeing. Meanwhile (back in Bedford) the boat FINALLY got its newly painted bum back in the river.

Saturday 25th

Carys and I spent the morning cleaning the boat, we started off with soap and water, tried cif and ended up with neat bleach. She looked as good as new by the time we finished. We all headed off on our first cruise of the season in the afternoon.

Sunday 26th

Church in the morning and then lunch on the boat. We had another afternoon on the river and then a great evening with Nick & Sarah Hearn who had put together a great feast! Also they had bought me my own personalised bottle of Bell's. Now that's a gift!

Monday 27th

We spent a wet Monday training some colleagues from Kip McGrath.

Tuesday 28th

My hard-working wonder wife headed off to Wales this morning for some Kip centre meetings and I had to suffer guess where? Yep, on the boat! I did break off momentarily to help take the church youth group to Milton Keynes ten-pin-bowling. Spent the night at the boat which was cosy despite being woken up by a noisy and persistent goose at about 3.00 a.m.

Wednesday 29th

The river looked fantastic this morning, the sky was blue, the sun shone all was well with the world. I hit the office with Amy for a few hours before lunch in Milton Keynes with my mate David - nothing better than putting the world to rights! I took Carys swimming this evening before cooking dinner ready for Teresa's return.

Health

Great health-wise at the moment, swallowing is fine, no aches and pains. I have an appointment regarding the next course of treatment on Tuesday at the Bedford Primrose Unit. bring it on!

You guys are brilliant friends. Thanks for your prayers and care.

David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this mention of the boat, and not one mention of Pimms!
Have Ruth and Adrian drunk it all?
And not one mention of....wait for it...ponies! Did you know, you can train ponies to pull boats?
I am extremely jealous of your bottle of Bells..it is (one) of my fave tipples. Mind you, I am also fond of G&T, and Remy, and Rioja,and Sambucca,and Moet,and Pimms, and Tia Maria, and Glayva, and of course ...ROCKET FUEL!!!!!! (Tennants rocket fuel though, I've got SOME class).
Hey, glad you are feeling so well, and enjoying yourself. Yes, Flo does seem to be a bit of a Wonder Woman, but then we always knew she was special.
The prayers continue from all here in Lid, for your continued healing as we work towards "No Trace".
Much love, as always,
Sianaroonie xxxx

Jackie G said...

So pleased to hear you are keeping busy and enjoying yourself - I agree with Sian and support the continued healing process towards 'no trace' which is what we all want for you Mr EverReady! x