Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And finally...again!

So..for all of you who are still out there...he went off with a bang which is exactly what he wanted. Thanks so much to all those who took the time to come and who shared their thoughts with me afterwards. I know that so many of you were touched and...yes I'm going to say it...'inspired' by it. I thought I would cry through the whole thing but in fact every time I looked at David's coffin I couldn't help but smile...I know he would have loved the whole thing and several people told me that they felt he was there with us and I felt very much the same and it was a wonderful feeling.

I am so proud of everyone who took part - you were all amazing and wonderful and everything you said/sang/showed was just right and a fitting tribute to a unique and remarkable person.

Apologies to those I didn't get to speak to...there were so many and my feet were in tatters by the time I got home (note to self...high heels and graveyards are not a good combination!) but it was incredible to walk into the church and see so many people there and also at the Sharbrook afterwards (that one's for you Sian!) A huge thanks and hug go to my 'main man' Phil who did such a fabulous job with the Order of Service...they just looked incredible and will be a wonderful keepsake for us all. It was very emotional putting it together!!

After we got home we had a couple of glasses of wine (I think it was two...sorry lost count somewhere)...and spent a mad couple of hours with the kids hula hooping in the garden and then watching 'The Rock' (one of David's favourite films - very old school!)

Today is a quiet day...we are going to wander up to the church yard again later to spend some time looking at the flowers and listen to the birds..it is a beautiful spot and very peaceful. Wasn't it a beautiful day too yesterday...and so warm..just lovely!

Tomorrow will be a new day..time to take a deep breath and look forward and think about the future and maybe make some changes...and as the song 'Yesterday' said...'Heaven knows what the future holds' and that's true. This at last will be my final blog (honestly!)and I sign off as someone who has undergone so much change in the past 2 years and has been on a difficult journey but who has emerged the other side full of gratitude, hope, faith, courage and determination to start anew...with my wonderful family and friends and my Lord helping me along the way...and my David always in my heart guiding me too.

Finally...many people have spoken to me about potentially publishing David's blog and it is something I will look into in the coming weeks, if it's right then I am sure it will happen. David didn't start it for that purpose of course but if it would help and...ouch....'inspire' others who may be going through similar journeys and possibly raise some money for St John's then I think it is worthwhile - so watch this space. I will endeavour to let you all know as and when and if it happens...may have to put it on the blog...oh no here we go again....

So, for now, signing off with a smile and as Jane put so beautifully in the Book of Memories..to my beloved David and to all of you lovely people...

'Keep safe on your next Journey'

Love always and always,
Florence x

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman God bless you and know that your future is bright Jim W

Anonymous said...

Au revoir dearest Florence,
Thanks again for taking time out to keep us all in the loop.

When is the book signing?
Do you need a proof reader...?
Bless you and all the rest of the family as your journey continues...knowing the closeness of Jesus, your friends, and Dear Dovid.
See you sometime at WNL,
love as always,
Sianaroonie x

Anonymous said...

Wow, tears, laughter - Florence your Dave would have been so proud of you, and all the family who were so brave sharing all their precious moments with us. One thing is for sure, whenever I hear the word 'inspirational' in the future I will always think of Dave and smile. The number of people at the church and also those who I know wanted to go and simply couldn't get there is a true mark of the respect and love that so many people have for both Dave and of course yourself and family. We look forward to the book and you must keep the blog going! Love Lynne & Nick xxx

Unknown said...

I'm very saddend to hear of the news as I have only just discovered this.

I met David when I photographed Amy and Jame's wedding and found him to be a very warm and genuine person. He took time on the day to talk to me several times to make sure everything was going well.

Theresa, my thoughts are with you.

Kam

Anonymous said...

Today Teresa and I went to your garden centre. The garden looks amazing! You'd be so proud of Flo.

I miss you, a lot right now.

Amy is off to Spain tomorrow for her birthday and I'm going to take the kids off out and we will celebrate my birthday.

i think about you everyday.

Love you Pappa xx

Dee Vincent-Day said...

Teresa,

I have been following David's blog and was most upset to see the outcome. I only knew David for a short period of time, our paths crossing at Barclays Wealth, but he really made a lasting impression on me.

I am so sorry to read the outcome, you and your family are in my thoughts for I know he loved you all very much.

I am currently working in Birmingham and think of David when walking through the city centre. We shared a training session here and I have vivid memories of us walking around trying to find food.

My blessings to all of you.

Dee

xx

Jackie G said...

Dear Teresa,
I continue to check on his blog most days as I have it bookmarked - I don't really understand why I do it but somehow it gives me some comfort and reassurance especially when I read other people's comments. I still find it inconceivable to believe David is no longer sharing our lives here on earth. His memory and energy remain vibrant for me and I hope it surrounds you and your lovely family and gives you lots of comfort. When you next go to see him, please remember me and say my name and tell him I'm hoping he is fine and thank him for being my friend. God bless you Florence x

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all the time papa. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Always on my mind, Dovid.
We talk about you so much at Lidlington Church.....Raised a glass to you on your birthday..Pimms of course!Popped onto the blog 'cos I wanted to see your name, and look at your smiley face...silly Siany.
Wondering how you are Flo, kids and Chloe..and as always sending love and prayers your way.
TaTa,
Sianaroonie x

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I came across this blog tonight, but it has captured my heart. I wish I knew this family...what a wonderful bunch. My sister was just diagnosed with cancer of the liver. We are in the initial days of reeling from shock. This blog is inspirational. You should definiately think about publishing it. We too are keeping our faith in God. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hello thersea, and may i commsieration again for your loss whcih was over 1 years ago now. i enjoy hearding through these years aboit Daved's zestoing and yearnings for life and expect he is still smiling with that wo9nderduk poresence he ahd .
]
My his spirit and that 0f lord jesus wihine amongst us allo as we bathe in his his holy glow oin a very revrnt and thoutful manner. Daved shone in a alight for a many people judging by his blodge postings and there were all uposet when he finally away.
Hoping lifes goiod for you and the people in yours life no9w.

With very much regards, and in esspectations of helping you invest cash moniues if you ever need very respectred confiudential advice, p0lease just ask. or leave a message ehre and I will contact your fforthwith.

Your friend,

George A

Anonymous said...

Just been re-reading some of David's amazing blog posts...he was such a charming and positive man, and lit up any room he was in...may Teresa and her children forever live their lives in the happiness that David would have wanted...the manner in which they have found an even deeper faith in a divine and transcendent reality behind the material world shows their is hope in every situaion...God bless all readers of this post.

Posted by an anonymous admirer of David and Teresa,