Sunday, May 9, 2010

One week on...

Good morning all

One week on and firstly I need to let you know that the after funeral 'do' (hate the word 'wake') due to 'popularity of the deceased' ( Adrian's comment - blame him for the black humour - he's sitting here in my kitchen) will now take place at the Sharnbrook Hotel, Sharnbrook, which is about 5 mins drive from Odell. Again all this will be in the order of service and will also be announced at the end of the funeral. Was panicking that the village hall, although David's first choice was going to be nowhere near big enough.

One week on...hardly seems possible...we're all doing incredibly well. There have been some very tough moments as you might imagine.....but 80% of the time we're ok which I think is pretty good. James now wears his dad's watch and Carys is keeping a lovely photo of her daddy under her pillow and reckons that he is the cheeky robin who is constantly in the garden at the moment and following everyone around..I'm happy with that picture...

I think it will be after the funeral when it will finally begin to hit home...but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have felt David's presence and guiding hand throughout the past few days helping me with the tough decisions and giving me comfort in the lonely moments....and I have felt an incredible sense of peace throughout the week...even when the tears have fallen which they have often.

The poor postman is now suing due to a bad back from carrying the enormous amount of cards which arrive through my door every morning and reading those and your wonderful letters has also made me cry...Dawnie and Steve....amazing words and memories you shared.. thanks so much...and thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write, e mail and text.

Have a blessed Sunday....

Love to you all xxx

3 comments:

Jackie G said...

Dear Flo,
Yes time doesn't stop even though you may want it to at times. Before you know it, another year will pass and the next one will follow in quick succession. It has been unbelievably 3 years since I lost my friend Andrea although I still miss her dreadfully, I know without question, the feeling of loss will be raw and painful for a while to come yet BUT the memories of times you shared together will become comforting and wonderful. Although the wounds never heal and the scars remain, it really does get easier to bear and look back at times gone by with smiles and gladness.
Know that his love will surround you and your children forever and like Carys, the little robin redbreast does seem so suited to dear David. Our love as always x

Anonymous said...

Dear Teresa and all the family
I thought about you as I went to bed last night and knew that you would be reliving David's last night a week ago. I know we wouldn't have been the only ones thinking of you so just know that at the bad times and the lonely times someone somewhere will be praying for you. You are loved by so many people. Ken was preaching at Lidlington this morning and they all send their love and prayers. Will ring you tomorrow re parking
Love Mu

Anonymous said...

Of course, for Dovid, it would be a cheeky Ribin Rodbreast...surely.
love and prayers..as always,
Sianaroonie xxxx