Monday, May 3, 2010

The Funeral and final bits...

Good morning everyone

Having said it was my final blog yesterday, so many people have asked about the funeral that I thought I had better post something to let everyone know the arrangements. I am due to meet with the undertaker tomorrow so will post the time and date of the funeral once I have sorted it all out so please look out for it in the next day or two. In all likelihood it will be early next week.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, texts and e mails. We have all been comforted by them so much. Also thanks to all my wonderful family and friends who have made things so much easier for me than they might have been in the last few days.

I have walked around the house this morning whilst everyone else sleeps...it seems so quiet without him...and I picked up and read again the card he sent me for our 24th Wedding Anniversary. A card which Amy had to buy for him because he was in hospital...but via her he still managed to organise flowers bless him!!

I have been in two minds as to whether to share the words that he wrote in the card but I think that actually they are not just for me...they are for all of you too and so it seems fitting to end with them and I hope they will bring some comfort to you guys as they have done for me (I won't include the mushy love bit at the bottom)

'My wife, what an amazing year. I just wanted to thank you with every ounce of my being for walking the path with me. I know that it is 'a road less travelled' but with you by my side I know I can be brave'

...and he was.

Florence xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful a true marriage blessed by God

The Scotties x

Anonymous said...

And brave he was..........brave you have all been and will continue to be, for yourselves and in David's memory. Thank you for sharing yet again with us all, you truly are amazing and we are so very very proud of you all. We love you tons!!! All our love Sarah and Nick xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I have just found out that David's battle has come to an end. He has been so brave, and yes he is an inspiration to us all. He touched our lives for only a short time. His positive attitude and his belief that God knows what he is doing and everything is as it should be is something that I pray will bring hope and comfort to all his family and friends in the days and months to come. Such a lovely man with a big heart, he will be missed by so many. Joanna

Anonymous said...

This is Roz Squire's son, Oliver. She must have accidentally left the blog page open. I have been listenig to what my parents have been saying and reading the blogs over my Mums shoulder. I met Dave at the race for life and am sure God will look after him well. I suppose it is just a turn in thepath but the path will always lead to the celestial city. We will all make it there even if some of us make it there sooner due to unfortunate events. May God comfort you all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Teresa: Dave, you your whole family are amazing. Thank you all for allowing us to glimpse something of the journey you have all been on. I pray God will continue to give you joy in the middle of the tears, as only He can, and that painful memories will fade, but the treasured ones will remain clear and precious.
Bernice xx