Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An invitation....and some good news!

Good morning all,

Just to let you know that David's body has now been fully prepared for burial and if you wish to you can arrange to see him at Arnold's chapel of rest. You do need to ring in advance to make an appointment. I have dressed him in his brown suit, the one he wore to his friend Nathan's wedding just a couple of months ago...the last time I saw him in it he looked so handsome and was so excited about being invited... The emotional hits will just keep coming I know..

I am not sure as yet whether I want to go and see him now. I have been thinking about it for the past couple of days but am still undecided and I know that people have very definite views about this sort of thing. To be honest I don't know if I will regret it if I don't or maybe I will regret it if I do....

Also on a practical note, unfortunately we are not able to use the large community centre/village hall carpark which is across the road from Bromham baptist church as they have an event on on Tuesday morning (although if it's not busy you may be able to sneak in!) There is parking at the Church itself and quite a few side roads that you will be able to park on but my advice if you have trouble walking that you do get to the church fairly early if possible. I can promise it will be worth the trouble.

Today I am going up to the church yard with my minister Graham and we are meeting the minister of Odell church there later on this morning to see where the grave will be...glad the sun is shining! The churchyard is in an idealic spot...set on the hillside and full of spring flowers at this time of year...I am glad I will be able to visit it often and I know it will be a comfort for all of us to have him so close.

OK...to close on a high note I wanted to let you know some very good news! Carys is going to be an extra in a major dance film!! She auditioned in Birmingham in March (Chloe has been involved in the casting for several films in recent months....she knows all the big names in film of course...she's such a luvvie!) and we heard that she got the part yesterday (without Chloe's help I have to say!), and they also want her to attend the premiere in London next year! Go Carys! She was so thrilled and it was lovely to tell her the good news....

So...signing off again..thanks for dropping in..have a good Tuesday...by the way wasn't there an election last week?...oh well don't think I've missed anything!

Florence x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa

So sorry to hear about Daivid. My thoughts are with you all at this time. You will have many treasured memories that will live on forever.

Its lovely to hear that david will have such a lovely resting place. Mums resting place is really nice and its nice to have somewhere to go and remember them.

I am so sorry but i will be unable to attend Davids funeral as i started a new job this week, but will be starting work on the ward on Monday and have further training on tuesday which i have tried to change but this has not been possible, Will be thinking of you all

Lots of Love Lindsey Llewellyn

Lesley said...

Prayers with you all - David was such an encouragment to me at Cliff and this blog has been special to us here as we walked a similar, though much briefer, path in our own family in the last 12 months. Bless you for the courage to share your lives with us, for the honesty and integrity of your witness - not just David, but all of you. I thank God he is with his Saviour now, and pray that God's love and comfort will be a tangible presence for you in the days to come.
Lesley Hamilton-Messer

Jackie G said...

Teresa, re your thoughts on whether to see David in the chapel of rest - I don't know if this will help but when my best friend Andrea died, I too couldn't make up my mind on whether to see her. My sister persuaded me to go and not only go but do her hair and makeup for others to visit her before her funeral. I must tell you that even though it was very emotional I'm so very glad I did it, not just to say goodbye but to do one final thing for her. I think the likelihood would be that you will regret it if you don't go - so if you can bear it, please go. I had a similar conversation with John (Andreas husband) and he came with me to visit her - he was thankful that he did - you see them at peace and know that the person they were has left this earth.

Delighted to hear the good news - please pass on our congrats to Carys - well done indeed. Keep us posted on when and where she will be appearing. x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa

I just wanted to say that I found David's service today so uplifting - just like the man!! I could feel he was with us and I am sure he loved it.

I was stunned by your beautiful Amy's brave words for her Dad. We had only been here in Odell a short time when Amy had her 18th and, even though you were strangers back then, seeing David and Amy singing Big Yellow Taxi made me cry. I will always now think of him when I hear that song.

I pray that things will get easier for all of you with each days that passes, I am as amazed by your strength as I was by David's, you are both an inspiration.

God bless and you know where I am if you need anything.

Love Rachel xx

Anonymous said...

What a send off!
What an amazing family !
Spolling mistokes and all...we love you all.
Been thinking of you all day...my prayers...that Gods peace continues to reign in your hearts, and that your treasured and precious memories bring many smiles...smiles that could light up a room, just like Dovids.
Much love flying your way through the cyber waves,as always,
Sianaroonie x
Abby and Jacob..our two youngest (14 and 15), were so touched today, in a very special "Jesus" way..thank you x